Terms of Service
Our terms and conditions for services provided
Welcome to Finouse
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Finouse's Website.
Finouse is located at:
371, Borno Way, Yaba, Lagos Yaba, Lagos
23401 - Lagos State , Nigeria
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Finouse's website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company's terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client's needs in respect of provision of the Company's stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Nigeria. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same..
Unless otherwise stated, Finouse and/or it's licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Finouse. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://finouse.com/ for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from http://finouse.com/
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://finouse.com/
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://finouse.com/
Redistribute content from Finouse (unless content is specifically made for redistribution)..
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data ('Comments') in areas of the website. Finouse does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Finouse, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Finouse shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- Finouse reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Finouse a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of =$companyName?>; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site.
No use of Finouse's logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement..
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site..
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions..
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date..
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights..
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Finouse is a technology platform that allows people of all income levels to invest in companies called real estate investment trusts, or REITs. These companies select, buy, and manage commercial and residential real estate.
You invest with us – either a little or a lot. Your investment buys you shares of a company that owns revenue-producing real estate. The tenants in our buildings pay us rent every month, and the income we receive gets distributed back to our investors.
When you invest in Finouse REIT, you are buying shares of a company that owns revenue producing real estate. Our offerings currently concentrate in Commercial and Residential Real Estate. Finally, all Finouse investment offerings target annual yields between 8-20%.
Investments are made via bank transfers. If you indicate interest in investing, you will receive payment instructions via email and you are responsible to initiate payment to Finouse once your accredited investor status is confirmed. We typically can accommodate up to 5 business days to receive your funds. Please note that an investment is not considered complete until we have received your payment.
Minimums typically start around N30,000 at Finouse. We have both minimum and maximum investment amounts in each offering to try to accommodate as many investors as possible.
First, you’ll need to set up your account. To begin, click the “Sign Up” button on the homepage. After completing your investor profile, you’ll be able to participate in an investment offering. To make your first investment, simply login to the Finouse platform, visit the offering page and then click on the individual offering. Next, enter your desired investment amount, noting the investment minimum, and then click “Invest Now”. You’ll then arrive at a page finalizing how you would like to fund your investment.
Currently, active investments on Finouse are not liquid. Once your investment is complete, you cannot modify or cancel your investment for the remaining duration of the offering you have invested in. Your investment is considered complete after we have delivered countersigned investment documents, verified your accreditation status, and received your payment.
Should you decide to modify or cancel your investment before it is considered complete please reach out to us immediately, we will do whatever we can to help.
Currently, all completed investments on Finouse are not eligible for a refund. In the case of an emergency or extreme financial need, please contact investments@Finouse.com.
Management Fees: Finouse Management, LLC collects a management fee on all offerings, generally ranging between 1 – 4% annually. These fees are disclosed on the individual offering page and in the Operating Agreement and Investment Memorandum (SPV) or Series Note Supplement (BPDN) for each offering. As described, the displayed and advertised target return for all offerings is net of these listing and management fees.
The management fee is disclosed on the individual offering pages for each investment opportunity.
A SPV, or special purpose vehicle is an investment structure that is technically a subsidiary of the company that created it (Finouse). That means it is reported on a separate balance sheet, has a scope that is just a subset of the parent company’s activities and is financially independent of the parent company and from other SPVs under the parent’s umbrella. Essentially, each investment structured as an SPV is its own limited liability corporation (LLC).
Finouse acts as the managing member of each SPV, which in the simplest terms means we service and distribute the funds and inform investors of any important administrative matters. If any complications arise in the portfolio, Finouse, as managing member, will handle them.
The ownership of an SPV is split among all investors in the offering at a basis corresponding to your contribution to the deal. Similarly, when the borrower starts paying interest it is to the investors on a pro-rata basis on an agreed payment frequency.
For example, if the borrower is raising N10,000,000 and you invest N1,000,000 in the offering, you will own 10% of the SPV and the underlying loan. If the loan pays 25% profit per project, you will receive N250,000 profit.